Learn more about plastic and reconstructive surgery below.
The Plastic and Reconstructive surgical unit is headed by Mr Michael Lo and provides a wide range of adult and paediatric cases. It is the busiest plastic surgery service in the state with approximately 5000 cases annually and is one of the busiest plastic surgery trauma services in Australia.
The majority of major reconstructive and acute work occurs at Dandenong Hospital with a dedicated plastic surgery ward on N1 and Rapid Assessment Clinic. Other sites where plastic surgery care is delivered includes Casey, MMC, Moorabbin and Monash Children’s Hospital.
The unit is also closely affiliated with the breast surgery service at Moorabbin and is involved in a wide spectrum of reconstructive procedures for woman undergoing treatment for their breast disease and ENT multi- disciplinary Cancer clinic for Head and Neck patients.
The Plastic and Reconstructive surgical unit also has a significant presence at Monash Children’s Hospital Clayton for paediatric patients, especially with congenital deformities including the combined cleft lip and palate service with the dental unit, ENT, Maxillofacial surgeons and the speech therapy service.
The Monash Health Plastic and Reconstructive unit has formed a union with the Victorian Melanoma service at the Alfred Health and hold weekly melanoma MDT meetings.
The unit has a strong ethos of training and research. It has 3 SET registrars, multiple unaccredited registrars and residents. It supports the teaching of medical students through Monash University.
The unit also has a dedicated research nurse, a Breast Reconstruction Nurse Consultant, a Paediatric Cleft and Craniofacial Nurse Consultant
Surgical services include:
- All hand and facial injuries
- Skin cancer, Melanoma and soft tissue tumours
- Paediatric and congenital corrective procedures
- Breast reconstructive procedures
- Head and neck cancer reconstruction
- Craniofacial trauma
- Osseo integration and targeted Muscle reinnervation
- Emergency assessment of traumatic presentations
Director of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Mr Michael Lo
Personal Assistant and Unit Coordinator
Cheryle McCoy – e: email@example.com
Darcy Aidone, Plastic & Reconstructive surgery PA – e: firstname.lastname@example.org
Monash Health Surgeons:
- Mr Michael Lo
- Associate Professor Michael Leung Dandenong
- Ms Yvonne Chow – Deputy Head of Unit
- Associate Professor James Leong – Sub specialty Head of Hands and Trauma
- Mr Nelson Low – Head of Paediatric Plastic Surgery MCH Clayton
- Mr Charles Baillieu – Deputy Head of Paediatrics MCH, Sub specialty CranioMaxilo facial Surgeon
- Mr Mansoor Mirkazemi – Sub specialty Head of Breast Reconstruction
- Mr Raminder Dhillon – Sub specialty Head of Head and Neck Reconstruction
- Mr David Ying – Clinical Supervisor
- Ms Sian Fairbank – MCH
- Mr George Pratt – Paediatric Vascular Anomalies
- Mr Rory Maher
- Mr Marc Seifman
- Mr Adel Morsi
- Mr Simon Overstall
- Mr David Syme
- Mr David Ross
- Ms Danielle Nizzero – MCH
- Mr Iraj Ahmadi
- Ms Shiba Sinha
- Mr William Alexander – MCH
- Ms Jeannette Ting – MCH
- Mr Ian Loh – MCH
- Mr Namal Munasinghe
- Mr William Blake
- Mr Robert Capstick
Cleft and Craniofacial Anomalies Coordinator
Tania Green – e: email@example.com
Amy McLeod – e: firstname.lastname@example.org
Breast Reconstruction Nurse Consultant
Melissa Woods – e: email@example.com
REFERRALS – OUTPATIENT CLINICS – 1300 342 273
There is daily plastic surgery dressings clinic for post-operative patients and acute referrals.
There is a weekly consultative clinic on Wednesday AM
Learn about the Paediatric Plastic Surgery Unit at Monash Children’s Hospital.