Monash Lung Sleep Allergy and Immunology (MLSAI) provides three dedicated Rapid Access Lung Cancer outpatient clinics.
Monash Lung & Sleep Allergy and Immunology provides three dedicated Rapid Access Lung Cancer outpatient clinics (Clayton campus) per week and a weekly (Tuesday) Lung Cancer Multidisciplinary Meeting (MDM).
Our clinics ensure that all acute lung cancer referrals are triaged and these patients seen as a matter of priority. We aim to see new acute referrals within 14 days from receipt of referral.
Our service can provide the following:
- Multidisciplinary team approach with weekly multidisciplinary meetings
- Bronchoscopy / Endobronchial Ultrasound (EBUS)
- CT guided biopsy / Thoracentesis
- PET scan
- Lung Function Test
- Cardiopulmonary Exercise Test
- Access to other specialist areas including; cardiothoracic surgery, medical and radiation oncology, palliative care, radiology and pathology.
Our patients are well supported and educated by our experienced Lung Clinical Nurse Consultants (Lung CNC’s). Our Lung CNC’s are available Monday-Friday 08:30am-4:30pm for patients and GP’s to contact on (03) 9594 4139.