Community Health Physiotherapy provides services as part of an interdisciplinary team for frail older people, younger people aged 18-65 with a disability or long-term impairment. We also support carers.
- Individual assessment and treatment for people with pain and movement problems
- Strength Training Program using light weights for people wanting to increase muscle mass, improve balance and prevent falls.
- Centre and Home-based service. People requiring therapeutic input for:
- Falls & Balance Assessment – for clients presenting with frequent falls, dizziness, including assessment for vestibular dysfunction
- Mobility & Gait Assessment – persons with altered gait and impaired mobility to improve safety & independence at home and in the community
- Orthopaedic / Musculo-Skeletal – assessment, treatment and education for people with joint disease or musculo-skeletal injury, such as, Osteo-arthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Bursitis, Spondylolisthesis, Ligament & tendon tear, spinal compression/degeneration.
- Chronic Disease Management – (Respiratory Illness & Disease ( Asthma, Cystic Fibrosis, COPD), Chronic Pain Conditions
- Neurological – Assessment, treatment and education for people with stroke or other conditions such as Parkinson’s Disease, Motor Neurone Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Ataxia, Cerebral Palsy, Multi-Systems Atrophy, Dystonia, etc.
- Gentle Exercise Groups suited to those with Osteoporosis, Diabetes and some forms of Arthritis.
All of our services are part of a comprehensive integrated Allied Health Team which can also refer you to other services and group activities to help improve health, wellbeing and social connection
This service is for people aged 18-65 with a disability or long term impairment living in the Greater Dandenong or Cardinia or Casey region.
This service is not for people 65 years and older. Please refer through the My Aged Care portal.
- For people over 65 years: contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 and ask to be referred to Monash Health Community. Referrals cannot be accepted direct at service.
- For people under 65 call 03 8572 5631
City of Greater Dandenong, City of Casey or Cardinia Shire
- Greater Dandenong – 3171, 3172, 3173, 3174, 3175, 3975
- Casey – 3156, 3177, 3802, 3803, 3804, 3805, 3806, 3912, 3975, 3976, 3977, 3978, 3980
- Cardinia – 3139, 3781, 3782, 3783, 3806, 3807, 3808, 3809, 3810, 3812, 3813, 3814, 3815, 3816, 3978, 3980, 3981, 3984, 3987
Additional information required
Include all patient demographic and clinical details as well as relevant investigation results
Service Contact details:
Service Enquiries: 03 8572 5631
Service Enquiries Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact hours: 8.30am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday (except public holidays)
Please review the eligibility criteria before submitting a referral.