Exercise Physiologists provide exercise rehabilitation, lifestyle modification, disease prevention and management service as part of re-establishing and sustaining the functional independence of our clients.
Some of the services offered include:
- comprehensive assessments
- cardiovascular reconditioning
- functional maintenance
- strength and conditioning training
- functional capacity assessment and conditioning (ADL and work)
- community-based gym program design
- facilitating transition into community programs
- long-term lifestyle management and preventive education – eg Chronic Disease management
- group activities – e.g.:fitness, balance, walking
- sport/recreational skill acquisition retraining.
All of our services are part of a comprehensive integrated Allied Health Team which can refer clients to other services and group activities to help improve health, wellbeing and social connection.
This service is for people:
- aged 18-65 with a disability or long-term impairment
- living in the City of Greater Dandenong, City of Casey or Cardinia Shire.
For people over 65 years please refer through the My Aged Care portal.
Referrals should be sent by eReferral through Healthlink or by email.
Phone: 03 8572 5631
City of Greater Dandenong, City of Casey or Cardinia Shire.
- Greater Dandenong – 3171, 3172, 3173, 3174, 3175, 3975
- Casey – 3156, 3177, 3802, 3803, 3804, 3805, 3806, 3912, 3975, 3976, 3977, 3978, 3980
- Cardinia – 3139, 3781, 3782, 3783, 3806, 3807, 3808, 3809, 3810, 3812, 3813, 3814, 3815, 3816, 3978, 3980, 3981, 3984, 3987
Additional information required
Include all patient demographic and clinical details as well as relevant investigation results.
Contact hours: 8.30am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday (except public holidays)
Please review the eligibility criteria before submitting a referral.