This page has information about the Child and Family Program’s Social Work and Family Support services.
Social Work and Family Support
Social Works and Family Support Workers assist children and families with psychosocial support and advocacy through assessment, counselling, information provision, and access to community resources. Social Workers and Family Support Workers function as members of the multi-disciplinary team and have a pivotal role where social complexity exists.
What we do
Social Work and Family Support work with children aged 0 -17 years of age and their families to provide assessment and interventions for a range of concerns. Assistance may include:
- Advocacy and assistance to navigate access to a broad range of services, such as the NDIS and other community services/providers
- Support around social issues /referral to specialist support
- Parenting support and information
- Assisting families with adjustment to major life changes and stressors
- Linkage to services
- Assisting families to access services such as material aid and housing
- Routine and behaviour management
Social Workers and Family Support Workers are highly qualified and skilled practitioners. They work with children and their families to help them “live their best lives”.
Who can use this service?
People who can use these services?
Referrals for Social Work and Family Support are only accepted internally via a member of the team. Children must be engaged in support with another service/s within the Child and Family Program
- children aged 0-17 who live in the City of Greater Dandenong, City of Casey, or Cardinia Shire
- OR cannot access local services due to poor transport accessibility
- OR service is not provided by local community health service
People who cannot use these services?
- Children currently with Early Childhood Early Interventions (ECEI) of National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Children not in our catchment
How to refer
For referrals please:
Phone: (03) 8572 5631
For more information or assistance with your referral please contact the service on email@example.com.
There is no cost for this service.
Where our services are delivered
Our services are delivered at Springvale, Cranbourne, Pakenham Community Health Centres.
8am – 5 pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays)
Phone: 03 8558 9000
Help contacting us
For people who need help with English or an interpreter: : TIS: 131 450
For people with hearing or speech loss: TTY: 1800 555 677
Speak and Listen: 1800 555 727
Internet relay: National Relay Service: www.relayservice.gov.au
Other useful resources and alternative services
- Contact the Monash Health Psychiatric Triage Service on 1300 369 012 for urgent or crisis assessment or to refer to Early in life Mental Health Service (ELMHS).
- South Eastern Centre Against Sexual Assault and Family Violence (SECASA)
- Raising Children (parenting website)