The Movement Disorder Clinic is a specialist clinic with a multidisciplinary approach to the management and treatment of Parkinson’s disease, Multi Systems Atrophy, Progressive Supranuclear Palsy and other related movement disorders.
The holistic clinic consists of two arms:
- Medical Clinic with Specialist Neurologists
- Allied Health Professionals (including Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Speech Pathology, Social Work, Dietetics and Neuropsychology) and Community Health Nursing.
Services provided by the multidisciplinary team include:
- medical diagnosis
- advice and ongoing monitoring and medication management
- coordination of deep brain stimulation (DBS) surgery
- coordination of introduction of Duodopa intestinal gel
- assessments and development of tailored care plans
- referrals for appropriate community support services
- for those in residential care facilities, we can provide education to staff
- support for carers
- referral to other specialists, e.g. urologist and continence clinic
- referral to other services for additional rehabilitation
- palliative care support.
This service is for:
- People over 18 years old
- People with a suspected or confirmed movement disorder diagnosis – Parkinson’s or Parkinson’s like symptoms (cog wheeling, tremors, shuffly gait)
Note: On-site clinic appointments require patients to have access to their own transport
This service is not for
- Paediatrics (< 18 years old)
- People with Motor Neuron Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Frederick’s Ataxia, Huntington’s Disease, general Neurology, stroke, general spasticity management, Cerebral Palsy
Referrals should be sent by eReferral through Healthlink or by email. Click here for referral links and forms.
Additional information required
Include all patient demographic and clinical details as well as relevant investigation results:
Phone: 03 8572 5631
Service Enquiries: 03 9265 1411
Service Enquiries Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact hours: 8.30am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday (except public holidays)
Please review the eligibility criteria before submitting a referral.