Dietitians provide nutrition information, diabetes management and education services to adults. Services are provided for people requiring therapeutic input for (but not limited to):
- overweight and obesity
- malnutrition / Loss of weight / Loss of appetite
- people who require nutrition support because of other disabilities or conditions that jeopardise their nutritional status (swallowing disorders, airways disease, diverticulosis etc.)
- enteral feeding (PEG, Naso-gastric)
- cardiovascular disease
- terminal illness, cancer
- known food intolerances (coeliac/fructose/gluten etc.)
- altered GI function (e.g. constipation)
Services are part of an integrated Allied Health team which can refer clients to other services and group activities to help improve health, wellbeing and social connection.
Services are either centre-based or home-based for frail older people located in Kingston/Bayside.
- People aged 18-65 with a disability or long term impairment living in the Greater Dandenong or Cardinia or Casey region.For people 65 years please refer through the My Aged Care portal
Referrals should be sent by eReferral through Healthlink or by email.
Phone: 03 8572 5631
City of Greater Dandenong, City of Casey or Cardinia Shire.
- Greater Dandenong – 3171, 3172, 3173, 3174, 3175, 3975
- Casey – 3156, 3177, 3802, 3803, 3804, 3805, 3806, 3912, 3975, 3976, 3977, 3978, 3980
- Cardinia – 3139, 3781, 3782, 3783, 3806, 3807, 3808, 3809, 3810, 3812, 3813, 3814, 3815, 3816, 3978, 3980, 3981, 3984, 3987
Additional information required
Include all patient demographic and clinical details as well as relevant investigation results
Contact hours: 8.30am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday (except public holidays)
Please review the guidelines before submitting a referral.