As part of multi-disciplinary teams, Social Workers assist clients, their families and carers with services including:
- Psychosocial assessments
- Crisis intervention
- Family support/carer support
- Care coordination
- Access and liaison to community services
- Bereavement support
- Education about health issues and psychosocial wellbeing
- Addressing issues of safety and risk for vulnerable clients and families. Risk factors may include poor health literacy, unmet needs, social isolation, unstable housing, mental illness, addiction, trauma history or abuse/neglect.
All of our services are part of a comprehensive integrated Allied Health Team which can refer clients to other services and group activities to help improve health, wellbeing and social connection.
- This service is for people aged 18-65 with a disability or long-term impairment living in the City of Greater Dandenong, City of Casey or Cardinia Shire.
- This service is not for people 65 years and older. Please refer to appropriate services through the My Aged Care portal.
Referrals should be sent by eReferral through Healthlink or by email.
Phone: 03 8572 5631
- Greater Dandenong – 3171, 3172, 3173, 3174, 3175, 3975
- Casey – 3156, 3177, 3802, 3803, 3804, 3805, 3806, 3912, 3975, 3976, 3977, 3978, 3980
- Cardinia – 3139, 3781, 3782, 3783, 3806, 3807, 3808, 3809, 3810, 3812, 3813, 3814, 3815, 3816, 3978, 3980, 3981, 3984, 3987
Additional information required
Include all patient demographic and clinical details as well as relevant investigation results
Contact hours: 8.30am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday (except public holidays)
Please review the eligibility criteria before submitting a referral.