Paediatric Physiotherapy aims to improve function and independence for infants, children and adolescents who have developmental, respiratory, neurological or orthopaedic needs using age-appropriate, evidence-based therapy and family focussed practices.
- developmental concerns
- movement difficulties (pain, injury, lack of flexibility, asymmetry or restricted movement of a body part)
- developmental issues
- neurological issues
- difficulties with breathing
- difficulties with strength
- difficulties with walking
- limited movement
This service is for:
- Children under are 18 years old
- Children and families who live, work, study, attend pre-school or child-care in the City of Greater Dandenong, City of Casey or Shire of Cardinia.
This service is not for children who:
- come from high-income families
- are eligible for Early Childhood Intervention, Specialist Schools, NDIS, WorkCover, or TAC. We cannot offer them services unless the referral is related to an acute injury or illness which is unrelated to their disability. They should be able to receive therapy support through the programs or funding bodies already mentioned.
- have a developmental diagnosis such as Cerebral Palsy, Asperger’s, Autism, global developmental delay unless the referral is related to an acute injury or illness unrelated to their disability
Referrals should be sent by eReferral through Healthlink or by email.
Phone: 03 8572 5631
City of Greater Dandenong, City of Casey or Cardinia Shire
- Greater Dandenong – 3171, 3172, 3173, 3174, 3175, 3975
- Casey – 3156, 3177, 3802, 3803, 3804, 3805, 3806, 3912, 3975, 3976, 3977, 3978, 3980
- Cardinia – 3139, 3781, 3782, 3783, 3806, 3807, 3808, 3809, 3810, 3812, 3813, 3814, 3815, 3816, 3978, 3980, 3981, 3984, 3987
Additional information required
Include all patient demographic and clinical details as well as relevant investigation results
Service contact details:
Service Enquiries: 03 8558 9000
Contact hours: 8.30am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday (except public holidays)
Please review the eligibility criteria before submitting a referral.