Occupational therapists work with children, their families and community to develop functional skills in order to help them participate and engage better in their home, school/kinder and community.
Focussing on key areas such as developing confidence with their self-care skills, productivity (learning at school or kinder), and leisure (social, emotional and behavioural development) services offered include:
- Fine Motor Skills (hand and finger strength, drawing, cutting and writing) Handwriting (letter formation, number formations, and pencil grasp).
- Handwriting speed assessments
- Gross motor skills (Postural control, coordination and motor planning I.e., playing on playground equipment)
- School readiness skills
- Self-care skills (using cutlery, dressing, sleep routines and toilet training)
- Listening and following instructions at school/kinder, sitting, attending and concentrating
- Play skills and social skills (playing with other children, sharing and turn taking)
- Organising self and keeping track of belongings
- Sensory regulation/processing (sensory sensitivities to touch, sounds and smells, difficulties sitting for meals etc.)
This service is for children (0-12 years) who:
- live, work, study or attend pre-school or child-care in the City of Greater Dandenong, City Of Casey or Cardinia Shire
- OR cannot access local services due to poor transport accessibility
This service is not for children who:
- come from a high income family
- are eligible for, or currently accessing:
- Early Childhood Intervention Australia (ECIA)
- Local Area Coordination (LAC) or have a NDIS plan have a diagnosis that would enable them to get NDIS
- attend Specialist Schools as they should be able to receive therapy support through school.
Referrals should be sent by eReferral through Healthlink or by email.
Phone: 03 8572 5631
City of Greater Dandenong, City of Casey or Cardinia Shire
- Greater Dandenong – 3171, 3172, 3173, 3174, 3175, 3975
- Casey – 3156, 3177, 3802, 3803, 3804, 3805, 3806, 3807, 3912, 3975, 3976, 3977, 3978, 3980
- Cardinia – 3139, 3159, 3781, 3782, 3783, 3806, 3807, 3808, 3809, 3810, 3812, 3813, 3814, 3815, 3816,3978, 3980, 3981, 3984,3987
Additional information required
Include all patient demographic and clinical details as well as relevant investigation results:
Service contact details:
Service Enquiries: 03 8558 9000
Service Enquiries Email: email@example.com
Contact hours: 8.30am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday (except public holidays)
Click here for more information about this service.
Please review the eligibility criteria before submitting a referral.