The Chronic Heart Failure (CHF) program works in partnership with GPs to support their clients within the community.
The program aims to prevent hospital admissions and improve quality of life through self-management education support delivered by clinical nurse consultants. Education topics include CHF management, signs and symptoms of fluid retention, when to seek treatment and how to minimise exacerbations. Patients are supported short term and then discharged to a GP and/or private cardiologist.
- Lasix titration
- Heart Failure Clinical Review
- Psychological Support
- Medication Review and Monitoring
This service is for:
- adults over 18 years old who reside in the Monash Health catchment.
- diagnosis of Chronic Heart Failure
- recent presentation or admission with LVF, APO or associated symptoms of Chronic Heart Failure
- echocardiogram indicating heart failure
- client is at high risk of presenting with exacerbation of symptoms of Chronic Heart Failure
This services is not for clients whose:
- primary condition is High Output Cardiomyopathy (HOCM) or Amyloidosis
- primary condition is renal failure on dialysis
- primary condition is mental health
- primary condition is cancer
Clients diagnosed with CHF are referred from hospital, general practice or private cardiologists.
Referrals should be sent by eReferral through Healthlink or by email.
Phone: 03 8572 5631
City of Greater Dandenong, City of Casey or Cardinia Shire
- Greater Dandenong – 3171, 3172, 3173, 3174, 3175, 3975
- Casey – 3156, 3177, 3802, 3803, 3804, 3805, 3806, 3807, 3912, 3975, 3976, 3977, 3978, 3980
- Cardinia – 3139, 3159, 3781, 3782, 3783, 3806, 3807, 3808, 3809, 3810, 3812, 3813, 3814, 3815, 3816,3978, 3980, 3981, 3984, 3987
Additional information required
Include all patient demographic and clinical details as well as relevant investigation results
Contact hours: 8.30am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday (except public holidays)
Click here for more information about this service.
Please review the eligibility criteria before submitting a referral.