The Chronic Heart Failure (CHF) program works in partnership with GPs to support their clients within the community.
- Lasix titration
- Heart Failure Clinical Review
- Psychological Support
- Medication Review and Monitoring
This service is for:
- adults over 18 years old who reside in the Monash Health catchment.
- diagnosis of Chronic Heart Failure
- recent presentation or admission with LVF, APO or associated symptoms of Chronic Heart Failure
- echocardiogram indicating heart failure
- client is at high risk of presenting with exacerbation of symptoms of Chronic Heart Failure
This services is not for clients whose:
- primary condition is High Output Cardiomyopathy (HOCM) or Amyloidosis
- primary condition is renal failure on dialysis
- primary condition is mental health
- primary condition is cancer
Clients diagnosed with CHF are referred from hospital, general practice or private cardiologists.
Referrals should be sent by eReferral through Healthlink or by email.
Phone: 03 8572 5631
City of Greater Dandenong, City of Casey or Cardinia Shire
- Greater Dandenong – 3171, 3172, 3173, 3174, 3175, 3975
- Casey – 3156, 3177, 3802, 3803, 3804, 3805, 3806, 3807, 3912, 3975, 3976, 3977, 3978, 3980
- Cardinia – 3139, 3159, 3781, 3782, 3783, 3806, 3807, 3808, 3809, 3810, 3812, 3813, 3814, 3815, 3816,3978, 3980, 3981, 3984, 3987
Additional information required
Include all patient demographic and clinical details as well as relevant investigation results
Contact hours: 8.30am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday (except public holidays)
Please review the eligibility criteria before submitting a referral.