The Gait Clinic is a joint Physiotherapy/Podiatry appointment for infants, children and adolescents who have developmental, neurological or orthopaedic needs related to their lower limbs. The clinic assesses and manages:
- developmental concerns around walking, running, balancing, co-ordination
- movement difficulties (pain, injury, post-surgery, lack of strength, flexibility or restricted movement of legs (foot, knee, ankle, hip)
- asymmetrical or unusual gait, foot or leg posture (walk on toes, walk with their toes or legs turned in or out, babies with feet that turn in or unusual shape, shoes that wear out unevenly, stiff painful or very flat feet).
- This service is for:
- clients under 18 years old
- children and families who live, work, study, attend pre-school or child-care in the City of Greater Dandenong, City Of Casey, Shire of Cardinia.
- This service is not for children who:
- come from high-income families
- are eligible for Early Childhood Intervention, Specialist Schools, NDIS, WorkCover, or TAC, including clients with a developmental diagnosis i.e. Cerebral Palsy, Asperger’s, Autism, global developmental delay. We cannot offer them services unless the referral is related to an acute injury or illness which is unrelated to their disability. They should be able to receive therapy support through the programs or funding bodies already mentioned.
Referrals should be sent by eReferral through Healthlink or by email.
Phone: 03 8572 5631
City of Greater Dandenong, City of Casey or Cardinia Shire
- Greater Dandenong – 3171, 3172, 3173, 3174, 3175, 3975
- Casey – 3156, 3177, 3802, 3803, 3804, 3805, 3806, 3807, 3912, 3975, 3976, 3977, 3978, 3980
- Cardinia – 3139, 3159, 3781, 3782, 3783, 3806, 3807, 3808, 3809, 3810, 3812, 3813, 3814, 3815, 3816,3978, 3980, 3981, 3984, 3987
Additional information required
Include all patient demographic and clinical details as well as relevant investigation results.
Service contact details:
Service Enquiries: 8558 9000
Service Enquiries Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact hours: 8.30am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday (except public holidays)
Click here for more information about this service.
Please review the eligibility criteria before submitting a referral.