Paediatric Exercise Physiologists work with children and their families. They design lifestyle and exercise programs, or implement health and wellbeing interventions/strategies, that cater to the child’s needs taking into account their age, growth and development. Exercise Physiologists can assist with:
- fundamental movement skills
- individualised exercise intervention programs especially after an injury or illness
- balance and postural control
- facilitating the transition to self-management or ongoing programs in the community
- home and community-based strategies to families and children to assist with:
- sport/recreational skill acquisition
- community-based gym programs
- long term lifestyle management (for managing chronic diseases/ illness or injury)
- preventive interventions and education, to decrease the likelihood or impact of chronic health conditions
- movement to improve mental health
- injury prevention
- comprehensive assessments
- This service is for:
- families with children under 18 years old
- children and families who live, work, study or attend pre-school or child-care in the City of Greater Dandenong, City Of Casey or Cardinia Shire.
- This service is not for:
- families with high incomes
- children eligible for Early Childhood Intervention, Specialist Schools, NDIS, WorkCover, TAC cannot be seen. They should be eligible to receive therapy support at these settings or through
- these funding bodies unless the referral is related to an acute injury or illness which is not related to their disability.
- children with a developmental diagnosis i.e. Cerebral Palsy, Asperger’s, Autism, global developmental delay, unless the referral is related to an acute injury or illness which is unrelated to their disability.
Referrals should be sent by eReferral through Healthlink or by email.
Phone: 03 8572 5631
City of Greater Dandenong, City of Casey or Cardinia Shire
- Greater Dandenong – 3171, 3172, 3173, 3174, 3175, 3975
- Casey – 3156, 3177, 3802, 3803, 3804, 3805, 3806, 3807, 3912, 3975, 3976, 3977, 3978, 3980
- Cardinia – 3139, 3159, 3781, 3782, 3783, 3806, 3807, 3808, 3809, 3810, 3812, 3813, 3814, 3815, 3816,3978, 3980, 3981, 3984, 3987
Additional information required
Include all patient demographic and clinical details as well as relevant investigation results
Service contact details:
Service Enquiries: 03 8558 9000
Service Enquiries Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact hours: 8.30am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday (except public holidays)
Click here for more information about this service.
Please review the eligibility criteria before submitting a referral.