Dietitians work with babies, toddlers and children who are having difficulties with a variety of nutritional concerns. Dietitians also work in Feeding Clinics with Speech Pathologists, Social Workers and Psychologists.
Dietitians can see children for:
- faltering growth
- weight management
- enteral feeding (HEN program)
- feeding difficulties (with a Speech Pathologist in the Feeding Clinic)
- improved nutrition and weight management
This service is for children up to 18 years old who:
- live, work, study or attend pre-school or child-care in the City of Greater Dandenong, City Of Casey or Cardinia Shire
- OR cannot access local services due to poor transport accessibility
- are HEN clients. HEN clients include infants and children who are registered under Monash Health HEN program (ie – receiving enteral feeds and equipment from Monash Medical Centre or Casey Hospital).
- come from high-income families
- are eligible for, or currently accessing, another service such as:
- Early Childhood Intervention Australia (ECIA),
- have an Autism Spectrum Disorder diagnosis
Referrals should be sent by eReferral through Healthlink or by email.
Phone: 03 8572 5631
City of Greater Dandenong, City of Casey or Cardinia Shire
- Greater Dandenong – 3171, 3172, 3173, 3174, 3175, 3975
- Casey – 3156, 3177, 3802, 3803, 3804, 3805, 3806, 3807, 3912, 3975, 3976, 3977, 3978, 3980
- Cardinia – 3139, 3159, 3781, 3782, 3783, 3806, 3807, 3808, 3809, 3810, 3812, 3813, 3814, 3815, 3816,3978, 3980, 3981, 3984,3987
Additional information required
Include all patient demographic and clinical details as well as relevant investigation results
Service contact details:
Service Enquiries: 03 8558 9000
Service Enquiries Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact hours: 8.30am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday (except public holidays)
Click here for more information about this service.
Please review the eligibility criteria before submitting a referral.