Cardiac Rehabilitation is a program of support, exercise and education suitable for those recovering after a heart event, procedure or the diagnosis of a heart condition. It aims to assist in long term lifestyle changes and lowering the chance of future heart problems. The program runs once a week for 6 weeks. The sessions comprise both education and an exercise sessions and provide the client with a home exercise program.
Cardiac Rehabilitation programs currently operate at all Community Rehabilitation sites: Kingston, Springvale, Dandenong, Cranbourne and Pakenham.
- The client lives or works within the Monash Health catchment and is willing to travel to centre-based services
- Has a diagnosis of a heart condition as follows:
- Coronary Heart Disease
- A heart attack or admission for angina
- A stent procedure or heart surgery (bypass or artery surgery)
- Heart Failure or cardiomyopathy
- A device insertion, for example a pacemaker or implantable defibrillator
- A cardiac arrest
- In heart electrical rhythm problems, such as atrial fibrillation (AF)
- An heart event (stent insertion, PCI, CABGS)
- The client is medically stable and able to participate in a rehabilitation program
- The client’s overall ability to manage daily life has been affected by a recent health event that resulted in significant changes
- Clients are required to have functional rehabilitation goals.
- Is this a primary referral for mental health, alcohol or drug dependency?
- Services may not be provided if there is a risk to the worker’s safety through client/carer behaviour or the environment
Referrals should be sent by eReferral through Healthlink or by email.
Phone: 03 8572 5631
Cities of Greater Dandenong, Casey, Cardinia Shire and parts of the Cities of Kingston Monash and Bayside.
- Greater Dandenong – 3171, 3172, 3173, 3174, 3175, 3975
- Casey – 3156, 3177, 3802, 3803, 3804, 3805, 3806, 3912, 3975, 3976, 3977, 3978, 3980
- Cardinia – 3139, 3781, 3782, 3783, 3806, 3807, 3808, 3809, 3810, 3812, 3813, 3814, 3815, 3816, 3978, 3981, 3984
- Kingston – 3167, 3169, 3172, 3189, 3190, 3192, 3194, 3195, 3196, 3197, 3202
- Monash – 3147, 3148, 3150, 3166, 3168
- Bayside – 3188, 3190, 3191, 3192, 3193
Additional information required
Referrals should include:
- copies of relevant tests
- discharge summaries
Contact hours: 8.30am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday (except public holidays)
Please review the eligibility criteria before submitting a referral.