Community Support Options works to support people living with a disability and the frail aged to living independently in their home.
This service operates within the municipalities of Bayside, Kingston, Dandenong, Casey and Cardinia. Community Support Options assists with:
- identifying consumer needs
- raising community and provider awareness of unmet consumer need
- providing training and information about the services’ system and access issues to service providers and consumers
- assisting service providers in the planning, coordination and development of services which address unmet need
- promoting and resourcing consumers and carers to be partners in the service planning and delivery process.
This organisation was jointly funded by the Commonwealth and Victorian Governments under the HACC program.