Psychologists in the program work with children aged 0 -14 years of age and their families to provide assessments and interventions for a range of concerns including:
- child anxiety and depression
- behavioural and developmental issues
- social difficulties
- emotional difficulties
- transition to school concerns
- attachment difficulties
- cognitive function – ability and achievement assessments (when indicated)
- parental adjustment to child illness/disability/behaviour
- children aged 0-14 who live in the City of Greater Dandenong, City of Casey, or Cardinia Shire
- OR cannot access local services due to poor transport accessibility
- OR service is not provided by local community health services.
This service is not for:
- families with a high income
- children with acute severe psychiatric issues, including current suicidal thoughts or self-harm behaviours. Please refer to Early in Life Mental Health Services (ELMHS).
- children who have been sexually assaulted. Please refer to SECASA.
- children currently with Early Childhood Intervention Services (ECIS), or on waitlist for this service: they should be eligible to receive therapy support at these settings.
- Children being referred for a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder. Please refer to a paediatrician or ELMHS.
- Children with a current diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder :0 – 5 years old.
- Family/couples therapy and family separation. Please refer to services such as Relationships Australia or Windermere.
- Current family violence. Please refer to Family Violence Services such as Safe Steps, DHHS Child Protection.
- Other members of the client’s family. Child and Family psychologists only provide child-focussed parenting sessions not individual therapy for other family members.
Referrals should be sent by eReferral through Healthlink or by email.
Phone: 03 8572 5631
City of Greater Dandenong, City of Casey or Cardinia Shire
- Greater Dandenong – 3171, 3172, 3173, 3174, 3175, 3975
- Casey – 3156, 3177, 3802, 3803, 3804, 3805, 3806, 3807, 3912, 3975, 3976, 3977, 3978, 3980
- Cardinia – 3139, 3159, 3781, 3782, 3783, 3806, 3807, 3808, 3809, 3810, 3812, 3813, 3814, 3815, 3816,3978, 3980, 3981, 3984, 3987
Additional information required
Include all patient demographic and clinical details as well as relevant investigation results
Service contact details:
Service Enquiries: 8558 9000
Service Enquiries Email: email@example.com
Contact hours: 8.30am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday (except public holidays)
Please review the eligibility criteria before submitting a referral.