Department of Neurosurgery, Monash Health
The Department of Neurosurgery at Monash Health is dedicated to treating patients with neurosurgical disorders. We provide a comprehensive inpatients and outpatient services for patients with conditions affecting the brain, spine and nervous system.
Our team of consultant neurosurgeons provide the full range of adult and paediatric specialty services. We have established specialised clinics and services in
- Cerebrovascular disorders
- Pituitary disorders and skull base tumours
- Spinal disorders
- Paediatric neurosurgery
- Functional neurosurgery including treatment of complex movement disorders
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Hydrocephalus and related disorders
- General neurosurgery
Each of these services provides a comprehensive and multidisciplinary approach to the management of the disease.
- Associate Professor Andrew Danks (Head of Unit)
- Mr Armin Drnda
- Associate Professor Tony Goldschlager
- Mr Leon Lai
- Mr Jeremy Russell
- Mr Craig Timms
- Mr Chris Xenos
- Dr Babak (Bob) Homapour
The surgeons all have private rooms, in addition
Contact details for Outpatient enquiries and appointment changes.
T:1300 342 273
F:959 iCARE – 9594 2273
Contact details for Patient Elective Surgery Waiting List
T: 1800 786 188
For doctors only:
To refer a patient to Monash Neurosurgery, complete and fax your referral to Outpatients Enquiries (03) 9594 2273.
If you have difficulty reaching a staff member or faculty physician, please call our 24 hour on-call service on 0409 734 257.
Referrals should include:
- Relevant clinical history for the patient
- The reason for referral
- Patient details including address, date of birth and contact phone numbers
- Your provider number
- The name of the consultant (for Medicare clinics)
Referrals are triaged depending on clinical urgency.
Emergency cases can present to the Emergency Department at Clayton, Dandenong or Casey.
T: 9594 6141 / 9594 5409
F: 9594 5409