Dieticians provide nutrition information to all age groups, by way of individual consultations and groups, to people living within the City of Greater Dandenong, City of casey and Shire of Cardinia, as well as to frail older people in the Kingston/Bayside area who are unable to leave their home. This service includes:
- Diabetes Management and Education
- Advice about lowering cholesterol
- Weight reduction
- Supermarket tours – held throughout the year to provide information on healthy food choices and reading food labels to mak shopping easier for you and the family
- Adults who live, work or attend a general practitioner or school within Greater Dandenong, City of Casey or Shire of Cardinia
- The home based allied health service is provided for frail older people in the Kingston/Bayside area who are unable to leave their home to access community services
No referrals are necessary for this service.
Kingston/Bayside (Home Based Allied Health)
A fee may be charged for Monash Health Community services, as per State and Commonwealth Funding guides.
In certain circumstances, fees may be waived, for example for people experiencing financial hardship.
Please contact us if you have any queries about fees and how they may apply to you.
Why may fees be charged:
- Community Health Services receive funding from Commonwealth and State Governments.
- Both levels of Government have a policy of “user pays”
- Money raised from fees is put back into health services so that more people can benefit
- Fees are much lower than the actual cost of the services.
General Enquiries and Appointments
- T: 1300 342 273 (iCARE), Option 4.