The Falls and Balance clinic provide a specialist assessment service for patients experiencing issues with falls and balance and affecting mobility particularly where the cause is uncertain.
Patients need to be cognitively alert or have a carer / support person to assist with the clinic’s recommendations.
- Clients residing in Monash Health catchment areas
- Clients experiencing falls &/or balance problems particularly where the cause is unknown or not certain.
- Clients must be cognitively alert or have a carer/support person who is happy to attend clinic appointments and assist with the implementation of recommendations.
- Clients experiencing vestibular problems.
Medical letter including:
- Current and past medical history
- Current medication list
- Recent medical test results
- Details of specialists involved
Clinical Assessment Phases
- Initial appointment – Occupational Therapy Home Assessment
- Specialist clinic appointment with Medical Specialist and Physiotherapist
- Review appointment arranged post clinic assessment if required
- Clients with vestibular dysfunction will be treated within the clinic
- No cost for consultation
- Some tests arranged by the clinic may have out of pocket expenses
- There may be some out of pocket expenses for equipment hire.