The Monash Cancer Centre provides the more than 1.5 million residents of southern Melbourne with access to world leading cancer treatment integrated in one convenient location close to where they live through Peter Mac, Victoria’s world-renowned leader in cancer treatment, research and education.
Cancer patients receive all care, from diagnosis to treatment and follow-up support, at the one place.
Through a collaborative, highly qualified multidisciplinary team framework for patient care we provide medical, surgical and radiation oncolcogy care including
- Chemotherapy Day Unit
- Inpatient Oncology (Ward 2)
- Multidisciplinary Outpatient clinics
- Cancer Research and Clinical Trials
Supportive care services including:
- Breast Cancer Care Coordination (Breast Care Nurses)
- Head and Neck Cancer Clinical Nurse Consultancy
- Gynaecology / Oncology Nurse Consultancy
- Urology Clinical Nurse Consultancy
- Palliative Care Consultancy
- Pastoral Care
- Lymphodema Clinic
- Breast Services
Optimal Care Pathways for cancer partners
The optimal cancer care pathways (OCPs) describe the optimal cancer care for specific tumor types. They map the patient journey, aiming to foster an understanding of the whole pathway and its distinct components to promote quality cancer care and patient experiences.