Good nutrition plays a vital role in our health and wellbeing. Supported Residential Services play an important part in making positive health changes to their residents by providing meals and snacks that reflect the Australian Dietary Guidelines.
Supported Residential Services (SRS) provide all meals and snacks to residents. Healthy dietary patterns are ones that are aligned with the Australian Dietary Guidelines.
The Australian Dietary Guidelines are also available in languages other than English.
Healthy diet patterns are also associated with better mental health outcomes.
How does it work?
The aim of this webpage is to:
- Provide up-to-date information that is easily accessible to those who are preparing meals and snacks in supported residential services
- To complete online training to assist in planning and preparation of healthy meals and snacks
- To access the resources that will assist in planning healthy meals and snacks such as the Menu Planning Guide and Recipe template.
If you would like more information or to register your service, please use the contact details below.
Australian Guide to Healthy Eating
Five food groups:
Fruit and vegetables
Lean meat and alternatives
- Lean meats and alternative video
- Lean Meat & Alternatives Handout Page 1
- Lean Meat & Alternatives Handout Page 2
Vegetarian and Vegan
- Nutrition Australia website
- Maggie Beer Foundation website
- Toolkit for healthy eating in supported accommodation
- Healthy Budget Bites resource
- Baker Heart and Diabetes Institute factsheets