Asthma education for children and families is available to users of acute hospital services or at risk of becoming frequent users.
- children who have attended Emergency Department in the last 12 months or at risk of attending the Emergency Department.
- patients over 18 years old we can forward their referrals to Hospital Admission Risk Program (HARP)
- previous intensive care unit presentation
- complex psychosocial issues
- fewer than 3-4 episodes per week of needing bronchodilator.
- From a general practioner, paediatrician, Monash Health Emergency Departments or paediatric wards.
Although there is not official “wait list” allow up to six weeks wait for an appointment.
Days of service/sites
- Kim – Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
- Sarah – Wednesday, and Friday
- Karen – Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
- Carole – Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday