Aged and Community Care (Kingston), formerly Home Based Allied Health Service, provides care to frail older people and people with disabilities who are unable to leave their homes to access centre based services.
The multidisciplinary service includes:
- Community Nursing
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech pathology
The service offers comprehensive holistic assessment and individualized client goal oriented care plans and treatment programs.
Clients must live in the cities of Kingston and Bayside with some exclusion zones.
- Residents are in the catchment area as outlined in map attached. The community health nurse does not cover the area south of the Mordialloc Creek. For HENS referrals (Home Enteral Nutrition Service), the boundaries for Dietetics can be negotiated.
- Clients must be housebound.
- Housebound clients who live in an S.R.S. (Supported Residential Service) are eligible.
- Housebound clients living in a C.R.U. (community residential unit) are eligible. Podiatry staff provide education only to CRU staff to manage residents foot care. They do not provide treatment.
- Clients discharged from hospital are not accepted until 28 days post discharge. Any arising issues should be referred to the discharging hospital.
- It is recommended that gold card Veteran’s Affairs clients are referred to Private providers as they are eligible to receive this service free. If they wish to use HBAH the client has to be informed that they have to pay for the HBAH service.
- Clients who receive a package e.g. CACPS, Linkages, EACH, Home First are not eligible to receive HBAH Podiatry services. These clients can receive other HBAH services. The Intake worker needs to check with the Case manager that the package will cover this cost prior to accepting the referral.
Clients not eligible:
- Clients who lives in a Hostel or Nursing Home that receives government funding.
- CACPS clients requesting Podiatry services.
- CRU/SRS clients who are not housebound
All referrals can be made through our Information and Appointment Service – please call:
- 1300 3 iCARE (1300 342273)