My Health Record is a national online summary of your health information. You can control what goes into it, and who is allowed to access it.
What is My Health Record?
My Health Record is a national online summary of your health information. You can control what goes into it, and who is allowed to access it. You can choose to share your health information with your doctors, hospitals and other healthcare providers.
My Health Record gives you access to your important health information. It keeps details like allergies, medical conditions and treatments, medicine details, and test or scan results in one place.
Healthcare providers like doctors, specialists and hospital staff may also be able to see your My Health Record online at any time if they need to, such as in an accident or emergency.
Information from healthcare professionals
Healthcare providers such as GPs, specialists and pharmacists can add clinical documents about your health to your record. This includes:
- an overview of your health uploaded by your doctor, called a Shared Health Summary. This is a useful reference for new doctors or other healthcare providers that you visit
- hospital discharge summaries
- reports from test and scans, like blood tests
- medications that your doctor has prescribed to you
- referral letters from your doctors.
For more information and/or to register for a My Health Record visit the My Health Record website: