Monash Health welcomes all feedback about the services we provide and the manner in which they are delivered.
Your feedback might be
- a suggestion about an improvement,
- a compliment about a staff member or service,
- a complaint or concern about care provided,
- about our consumer information.
Your feedback is used to improve the quality and consistency of care and services provided. It is confidential and will not affect your care or the services provided for you. It will be treated with respect and dealt with in a timely, courteous manner.
You can provide feedback in different ways:
- Complete a feedback form online
- Send an Email
- Download and mail a completed form to:
Consumer Feedback Coordinator Monash Health
Locked Bag 29
- Complete a paper feedback form. These are located in most patient areas or you can ask a staff member to provide you with one.
- Contact the Consumer Feedback Coordinator by phone at the relevant hospital/ service:
- They are available Monday to Friday from 9am – 3pm (apart from public Holidays). If you call and staff are not available, you may leave a message and we will call you back as soon as possible.
|Casey Hospital and Cranbourne Centre||03 8768 1465|
|Dandenong Hospital||03 9554 8078|
|Monash Medical Centre||03 9594 2702|
|Moorabbin Hospital||03 9928 8584|
|Kingston Centre and Residential Services||03 9265 1356|
|Community Health Services||03 9554 8078|
|Mental Health Services||03 9554 9237|
If you have provided us with a complaint we will contact you to let you know we have received your complaint and inform you of any decisions made and/or action taken. We aim to investigate and resolve complaints within 35 days.
All compliments, complaints and comments will be sent to the appropriate teams or services for review, discussion and consideration.
If you remain dissatisfied with our response, you may contact the Health Complaints Commissioner (HCC). The HCC responds to complaints about health services and the handling of health information in Victoria. Their service is free, confidential and impartial.
To lodge a complaint with the HCC:
- Fill out a complaint form online at www.hcc.vic.gov.au; or
- Phone 1300 582 113 between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday to discuss your complaint.
Is there anyone else external to Monash Health that I can complain to?
Public Interest Disclosures (formerly known as Whistleblowing and Protected Disclosures)
Complaints about corruption or serious misconduct as described within the Public Interest Disclosures Act 2012 (Vic) involving public health services in Victoria should be made directly to the Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Commission (‘IBAC’).
Monash Health encourages individuals to raise their concerns about corruption or serious misconduct with IBAC. Individuals who feel some detrimental action has been, or may be, taken against them if they make or assist in a complaint are also encouraged to raise those concerns directly with IBAC.
The IBAC website provides detailed information about the types of complaints that can be made to IBAC, your privacy options, the statutory rights and protections that might be available for these complaints and the process for management of complaints.
If Monash Health becomes aware that a complaint is, or might be, made to IBAC, Monash Health will take reasonable precautions to prevent detrimental action being taken in reprisal of any person making or assisting in that complaint.
IBAC can be contacted on 1300 735 135 or via their website at: https://www.ibac.vic.gov.au.