During the COVID-19 response, Monash Health is receiving an increased number of queries from businesses and individuals about donating food, toys and equipment such as Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
This generosity comes from a desire to thank and support our frontline healthcare workers and we are grateful for this. Our priority is to support these donations while ensuring employee and patient safety is maintained.
If you are interested in making a donation to Monash Health, please contact the Monash Health Foundation. The Foundation team can be contacted on 9594 2700 and via email to: email@example.com
An overview of what can and can’t be accepted is below:
- No donations of food that needs heating or refrigeration can be accepted, for food safety reasons
- If donations of other food are to be accepted the food items need to be individually wrapped, such as muesli bars. These items must not need refrigeration or heating.
- In the case of toy donations, the toys must be new, wrapped and sealed and able to be wiped down. For example, a sealed box of Lego. Cloth or wooden toys cannot be considered. More details about toy donations can be found here: https://monashchildrenshospital.org/support-us/donate/gifts-in-kind/
- Proposed donations of PPE will be directed by the Monash Health Foundation to Procurement
- Gifts of money or any other consumer items should be directed to the Monash Health Foundation.
Thank you for your ongoing generosity and support.