At the end of a two-year monitoring period, technologies and clinical practices may be considered by the TCPC to be reclassified to become standard practice at Monash Health.
Technology and clinical practices that have been reclassified to become standard practice in 2016 and 2017 are:
- Thromboelastography (TEG)
- Skeletal distraction of the proximal interphalangeal joint
- Fasciotomy of Dupuytren’s hand contractures
- Lucas 2 external chest compression system
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy for renal tract stones
- Drug eluting stents and balloons
Technologies and decision summaries published between 2016 to 2017 are located at the bottom of the page. Those published prior to 2016 are available upon request from the Secretariat, TCPC.