Speech Pathologists work with babies, toddlers and preschool children who are having difficulties in the development of their communication and/or feeding skills including:
- language difficulties
- speech difficulties
- dysfluency or stuttering
- feeding issues
- assessment and therapy for children with communication difficulties, prior to school age
- 1:1 Speech Pathology consultation
- group therapy
- care-giver education and coaching
This service is for:
- children (from birth to school entry) who:
- live, work, study or attend pre-school or child-care in the City of Greater Dandenong, City of Casey or Cardinia Shire
- are under Child Protection, Refugees, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island Children or in Out-of-home Care
This service is not for children who:
- come from high-income families
- are eligible for, or currently accessing:
- Early Childhood Intervention Australia (ECIA)
- NDIS services
- disability funding
- already attending school
- children referred from 1 July of the year before they start school will not be accepted unless they are: under child protection, Refugees, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island Children or in Out-of-home Care.
Please Note: If the child lives, works, studies or attends pre-school or child-care outside the City of Greater Dandenong, City of Casey or Cardinia Shire – please refer to their local community health centre.
Referrals should be sent by eReferral through Healthlink or by email.
Phone: 03 8572 5631
- Greater Dandenong – 3171, 3172, 3173, 3174, 3175, 3975
- Casey – 3156, 3177, 3802, 3803, 3804, 3805, 3806, 3807, 3912, 3975, 3976, 3977, 3978, 3980
- Cardinia – 3139, 3159, 3781, 3782, 3783, 3806, 3807, 3808, 3809, 3810, 3812, 3813, 3814, 3815, 3816, 3978, 3980, 3981, 3984, 3987
Additional information required
Include all patient demographic and clinical details as well as relevant investigation results.
Contact hours: 8.30am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday (except public holidays)
Please review the guidelines before submitting a referral.