Internal Referrals Only: Children must be engaged in support with another service(s) within the Child and Family Program to be referred.
Social Workers and Family Support Workers assist children 0-17 years and families with psychosocial support and advocacy through assessment, counselling, information provision, and access to community resources. Social Workers and Family Support Workers function as members of the multi-disciplinary team and have a pivotal role where social complexity exists.
- Advocacy and assistance to navigate access to services, such as the NDIS and other community services/providers
- Support around social issues/referral to specialist support
- Parenting support and information
- Assistance for families with adjustment to major life changes and stressors
- Linkage to services such as material aid
- Routine and behaviour management
This service is for:
- Children who are currently engaged in support with another service(s) within the Child and Family Program.
- children aged 0-17 who live in the City of Greater Dandenong, City of Casey, or Cardinia Shire
- OR cannot access local services due to poor transport accessibility
- OR service is not provided by local community health service.
This service is not for:
- children who are not part of another Child and Family Program at Monash Health
- children currently linked with Early Childhood Early Interventions (ECEI) or National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- children who do not live, work or attend kinder or school in the Monash Health Catchment.
Referrals should be sent by eReferral through Healthlink or by email.
Phone: 03 8572 5631
- Greater Dandenong – 3171, 3172, 3173, 3174, 3175, 3975
- Casey – 3156, 3177, 3802, 3803, 3804, 3805, 3806, 3807, 3912, 3975, 3976, 3977, 3978, 3980
- Cardinia – 3139, 3159, 3781, 3782, 3783, 3806, 3807, 3808, 3809, 3810, 3812, 3813, 3814, 3815, 3816,3978, 3980, 3981, 3984, 3987
Additional information required
Include all patient demographic and clinical details as well as relevant investigation results
Service contact details:
Service Enquiries: 03 8558 9000
Service Enquiries Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact hours: 8.30am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday (except public holidays)
Please review the eligibility criteria before submitting a referral.