The counselling team offer counselling and therapy to children, teenagers, families and carers. They have the experience to assist, understand and develop skills in the areas of:
- counselling for children 0-14 years old with anxiety, depression and behavioural concerns, and social issues
- family and relationships
- grief, loss and trauma
- parenting issues and concerns
- antenatal and post natal depression and parenting issues
This service is for children (0-14 years) who:
- live, work, study or attend pre-school or child-care in the City of Greater Dandenong, City of Casey or Cardinia Shire
- OR cannot access local services due to poor transport accessibility
- OR service is not provided by local community health service.
This service is not for children who:
- come from high-income families
- are eligible for, or currently accessing another service such as:
- Early Childhood Intervention Australia (ECIA),
- have an Autism Spectrum Disorder diagnosis
- have current suicidal thoughts/self-harm behaviours
- have been identified as appropriate for, or are already on, the Early Childhood Intervention Service waiting list (ECIS)
- who have been sexually assaulted
- are currently in a family violence situation. If family violence is historical and not the presenting issue we will see the child.
- are currently in a family separation situation. If currently experiencing family separation, please refer to Relationships Australia: www.relationships.org.au. We will see the child if the presenting issues are for anxiety post-separation.
Referrals should be sent by eReferral through Healthlink or by email.
Phone: 03 8572 5631
City of Greater Dandenong, City of Casey or Cardinia Shire
- Greater Dandenong – 3171, 3172, 3173, 3174, 3175, 3975
- Casey – 3156, 3177, 3802, 3803, 3804, 3805, 3806, 3807, 3912, 3975, 3976, 3977, 3978, 3980
- Cardinia – 3139, 3159, 3781, 3782, 3783, 3806, 3807, 3808, 3809, 3810, 3812, 3813, 3814, 3815, 3816,3978, 3980, 3981, 3984,3987
Additional information required
Include all patient demographic and clinical details as well as relevant investigation results
Service contact details:
Service Enquiries: 8558 9000
Service Enquiries Email: email@example.com
Contact hours: 8.30am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday (except public holidays)
Please review the eligibility criteria before submitting a referral.