Rehabilitation in the Home provides a short term, intensive program delivered in the client’s home and local community, across a range of streams including :
- General Rehabilitation
- Post orthopaedic surgery
Rehabilitation in the Home
operates on a case management model. The case manager co-ordinates the activities of the inter-disciplinary team and monitors the progress of the client and their care plan.
Clients living or working in the Cities of Bayside, Kingston, Monash, Greater Dandenong, Casey and Cardinia Shire
Equipment required will need to be funded either by the person or through Victorian Aids & Equipment Program
- Client lives or works within the Southern Health catchment (Access & Intake can advise) and is willing to travel to the centre based service using their own means.
- The provision of home based services can only be to clients living in the Southern Health catchment
- Medically the client is stable and ready to participate in Rehabilitation.
- Clients must have goals which are amenable to rehabilitation, either as a result of an acute illness, or surgery or where a chronic condition has manifested acute changes
- With the assistance that is usually available to the client, he or she is unable to:
- enter/exit the home safely (i.e. client is independent if living alone)
- safely mobilise and transfer
- safely manage personal care with the assistance of one person
- manage any cognitive limitations in relation to community living
- Where a client is being discharged from an inpatient facility the referrer is responsible for planning and implementing a safe discharge for the client including an OT home assessment where this is indicated.
Referrals that require discussion with program manager or delegate:
- Client with nasogastric tubes, PEG feeds
- Client is NWB
- Referral source requesting specific level of intervention/frequency of treatment
- Client with severe cognitive impairment where goals focus on carer education/support
Community Rehabilitation does not provide primary rehabilitation for mental health, drug or alcohol dependencies
- Kingston Centre, Warrigal Road, Cheltenham 3192
- 140 Sladen Street, Cranbourne 3977
Monday – Friday. 8:30am – 5:00pm.
SCTT including Consent