Key aims of GP Liaison:
- Enable improved GP engagement and representation
- Improve communication between Monash Health and GPs, Primary Health Networks, Health Professionals in the community and other Primary Care Stakeholders
- Collaborate to support continuous professional development for primary care health providers
- Support compliments / feedback management
GP Liaison Newsletter:
Welcome to Monash Minute, our new quarterly publication for primary health practitioners.
GP News Alerts are distributed when timely information is needed to be distributed to GPS. Past news alerts include:
Reduce Faxes Received from Monash Health
Monash Health encourages all GP practices in the catchment to register with HealthLink.
HealthLink – What is it?
HealthLink is a secure messaging application that allows Monash Health departments to electronically send you patient reports which are downloaded into your clinical software.
HealthLink is free for GPs to receive correspondence. With HealthLink you can easily receive radiology and pathology lab reports, specialist reports, patient updates, cardiology reports, discharge and event summaries.
HealthLink – Why should I use it?
- No more faxes from Monash Health because receiving communications via HealthLink replaces faxed reports and results.
- It is a secure method to receive your patient’s information.
- It is efficient with less chance of transmission error or failure for example; due to a busy fax line or running out of fax paper.
- There is no further need to scan faxed results.
How do I register?
Register for HealthLink here
What will it cost?
It is completely free for GPs to receive our correspondence.
Head and Neck Cancer – GP Education Series
SEMPHN together with Monash Health and the Southern Melbourne Integrated Cancer Service invite GPs and practice nurses to attend an information evening on head and neck cancer referral pathways and management. Adnan Safdar, Director Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery at Monash Health and his team will provide you with information covering
- Initial investigations
- Optimal time frames
- Referral pathways
- Chemotherapy and radiotherapy issues
Dates and Registration Details
Wednesday 6 November 2019 IBIS 297 Springvale Rd, Glen Waverley 3150 Register Here
Wednesday 20 November 2019 Bellini Punthill 175-163 Lonsdale St Dandenong 3175 Register Here
Wednesday 4 December 2019 Frankston Arts Centre 23-37 Davey St Frankston 3199 Register Here
Click here for more information or contact Heather Davis, Senior Project Manager
E: firstname.lastname@example.org P: 9928 8101
MonashHeart SELECT – Semiglutide effects on cardiovascular outcomes in people with overweight or obesity
MonashHeart are actively recruiting participants for an exciting phase III clinical trial. Please contact us if you see patients who may be eligible for this study: SELECT – Semaglutide effects on cardiovascular outcomes in people with overweight or obesity. Key Inclusion Criteria
- Male or female, age ≥ 45 years
- Body mass index ≥ 27 kg/m2
- Have established cardiovascular disease:
- An event-driven cardiovascular outcomes trial expected to run over a Prior myocardial infarction
- Prior stroke (ischemic or haemorrhagic)
- Symptomatic peripheral arterial disease
Improving access to Specialist Consulting services:
“Join the specialist consulting project team, improving access to specialist consulting services”