Where clinics do not require students to wear a uniform, appearance must be professional, dignified and suitable to the clinical environment.
Garments are to be appropriately fitted, in good repair and clean:
- Underwear should not be observable.
- Clothing must ensure there is no exposed abdomen, buttocks or breasts.
- Jewellery must be unobtrusive to clinical practice.
- Hair must be appropriate to clinical practice.
- Shoes are considered a component of personal protective equipment in minimising risk to toes/feet when working in the clinical environment:
All staff and students working in clinical areas involved in transferring and/or moving patients are required to wear closed toe shoes and non-slip soles. Any staff member or student entering a kitchen must have footwear with non-slip soles. Closed heels on shoes are recommended to minimise slips and trips. Stockings/socks must be worn.
The following clothing is not permitted:
- Denim jeans
- Track suits
- T-shirts with inappropriate slogans/pictures/logos
It is a requirement that all students completing a clinical placement at Monash Health longer than 2 weeks must wear a Monash Health photo ID badge.
Your Student Coordinator will organise for you to obtain the Monash Health ID Badge on yoru first day of placement. Please bring $20 to purchase the badge. This is non-refundable.
If your placement is less than 2 weeks, you are required to wear your University ID badges. On your first day you will be provided with a Monash Health Visitors Badge.