- Healthwise Fitness endorses Monash Health’s iCare values – Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect & Excellence. All staff, members and visitors are expected to abide by these principles at all times while utilising Healthwise Fitness’ services and facilities. Healthwise Staff members reserve the right to refuse or revoke a membership in the event of a breach of any iCare principle/s. Healthwise Fitness is a part of your workforce. Your fees go directly back into the gym to constantly improve its facilities and services.
- We pride ourselves on being a positive place where members can escape from their (at times) stressful work. Please be respectful of this, and avoid bringing work issues into the gym or talking on your mobile while you are working out
- Return ALL equipment and weights after use e.g. Unload the Olympic bars and Leg Press, put away mats/fitballs/kettlebells
- Wipe down machines after use (spray and cloths are provided).
- Report any damage or problems with the equipment/machines to the Healthwise Fitness Centre staff.
- Use bins provided for sanitary items/used paper towels, and linen skips for wet towels
- Be considerate of others needing to shower during peak times
- Please ensure that you bring a sweat towel; wear clean workout attire, deodorant & appropriate training footwear – medical scrubs and work uniforms are not acceptable.
- Bath towels can be hired for $1.00 & hand towels for $0.50 from reception, to be placed in the linen basket after use.
- Allowing access to non-members is prohibited and anyone found in breach will have their membership revoked. Children under the age of 16 are not permitted in the gym without prior approval from Gym Management.
- Members are required to scan their membership barcode on access to Healthwise Fitness each visit – Barcode facing upward.
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
All fully paid up members are entitled to the following benefits:
- Healthwise Fitness memberships include the use of all fitness equipment and participation in group exercise classes, at each of the Clayton, Kingston and Dandenong sites. Fitness programs, food diary follow up, weigh in and health checks are available for full members.
- Pilates classes are scheduled for full members and bookings can be made via our online booking system every Saturday from 7am. Please contact our reception staff at firstname.lastname@example.org for procedure on how to sign up.
ACCESS & HOURS OF USE – Clayton, Dandenong & Kingston
24hour access to Healthwise Fitness Clayton gym is permissible, however the gym will only be staffed Monday-Friday 7:00am-6:30pm (excluding public holidays and Christmas period).
Dandenong gym is accessible 24 hours via employee staff card. Access for special groups by prior arrangement
The gym will be staffed sporadically – doors unlocked Mon-Fri 6am – 6pm (excluding public holidays and Christmas period).
SAFETY, SECURITY & ASSET PROTECTION
- Use of Healthwise Fitness’ facilities and services is done at member’s risk. If you are unsure how to use any apparatus and/or facility DO NOT USE, and ask the Healthwise Fitness staff for assistance.
- Please ensure that the front door is closed, and that you do not allow non-members entry into the gym. If you suspect anything suspicious, report to the gym staff or contact security.
- CCTV cameras operate 24/7, helping to ensure your safety and to secure assets. Please avoid bringing valuables into the gym if possible. Healthwise Fitness is not responsible for any personal property loss left unattended or unsecured.
- In case of emergency phone (internal): Emergency: 999 and/or Security contact: 42139.
- We ask that you do not exit the gym via the fire safety doors – these are alarmed and for emergencies only.
- Day lockers have been provided in the change rooms, free of charge, for members to secure their belongings whilst using the gym, but the locks for these will be released daily, so members are required to remove belongings by 6.15pm every evening. Any items in day lockers or pigeon holes will be removed. Permanent lockers are available at a cost – see reception desk for the latest prices.