Podiatrists are qualified health professionals specialising in the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of disorders, medical and surgical conditions of the feet and lower limbs.
Management areas include:
- musculoskeletal disorders
- diabetes assessment and management
- provision of orthoses and minor nail surgery
- foot care and advice.
Clients must live/work/study or be a child attending school, pre-school or child-care in:
- City of Greater Dandenong
- Bayside/Kingston (Home Based Allied Health service for frail older people who are unable to leave their home to access community services).
Our information and appointment service will advise on acceptance into the program.
Referrals can be made through our information and appointment service:
- T: 1300 3 iCARE (1300 342 273)
- Bayside/Kingston (Home Based Allied Health)
Why may fees be charged:
- Community Health Services receive funding from Commonwealth and State Governments.
- Both levels of Government have a policy of “user pays”
- Money raised from fees is put back into health services so that more people can benefit
- Fees are much lower than the actual cost of the services.