What is the Pain Management Program (PMP)?
This PMP is an interdisciplinary group program to help you to:
- Optimise your pain experience
- Guide you with ways to self- manage your persistent pain
- Assist you to function adequately
Who can attend?
Any patient who has persistent pain problems
- You will need a referral to the Pain Program from your doctor
- You will need to attend the pre-clinic education and opt for PMP. You will also need to be assessed by the medical and allied health team to ascertain your suitability for the PMP
What are the aims of the PMP?
- Reduce the impact of persistent pain of your daily life
- Promote self-management of persistent pain through guided skills
- Improve your function through graded exercises and lifestyle changes
- Improve your understanding of persistent pain through education sessions
How much time is involved?
The program runs over two half days each week for eight weeks. Attendance is
required at all sessions to have maximum gains from the program.
We have other services:
- Support Group (monthly)
- Tai-Chi (Weekly)
- Relaxation/Mindfulness sessions (weekly)