The Pain Service Clinic is a multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary outpatient service providing education, comprehensive assessment, intervention and rehabilitation to patients with a diagnosis of persistent (chronic) pain > 3 months duration.
Services we offer
Pre-clinic education (PACE) prior to medical consultation – 5 hours of education over 2 sessions (Thursday and Friday from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm) covering neuro-physiology of pain, psychology and pain, medical perspective, and self-management.
Pain clinic consultations
- Consultations with Pain Medicine Speciialists, Anaethetists, Rehabilitation Physicians and Geriatricians (specialising in pain management)
- Multi-disciplinary assessment with Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Clinical Psychologist, Dietician, Social Worker
Pain management program – for further information click here
- 8 week cognitive behavioural based program
- Group program (6 to 10 patients)
- Services include gym-based exercise, hydrotherapy, relaxation, mindfulness, Tai-Chi, and education
- Program runs on a Monday afternoon and Thursday afternoon.
No geographical boundaries, but clients must have their own means of transport to attend at Kingston. TAC and Work Cover clients not accepted.
- Pelvic pain (unless referred from Pelvic Pain clinic)
- Patients requiring Ambulance transport
No cost for consultation. Some costs may incur for medication or equipment hire
Every referral to Pain Management must include the following. Failure to include the listed information results in the referrer being notified and referral being held for 30 days until all supporting documentation is received. Failure to receive required documentation will result in the referral being rejected.
- Medical (or APS Nurse) referral stating current and previous medical condition(s) and reason for referral OR fully completed MRI01
- Current medication list/ GP summary
- Recent/ relevant investigation results