Dr Daphne Day MBBS (Hons), FRACP
Breast & Head and Neck Cancer and Phase 1 trials
Dr Day is a medical oncologist and clinical researcher specialising in breast cancer, head and neck cancer, and early phase clinical trials. She graduated from Monash University with honours and completed physician and medical oncology training in Melbourne, Australia. Subsequently, she completed a 2-year fellowship in early drug development, with a focus in immunotherapeutics at Princess Margaret Cancer Centre in Toronto, Canada.
She has been an investigator in numerous national and international clinical trials. Her research has been published in multiple peer-reviewed journals and presented at international conferences. Dr Day is a fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians. She is also an active member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, European Society of Medical Oncology, Medical Oncology Group of Australia and is on the Monash Health Human Research Ethics Committee.
1. D. Day, A. Monjazeb, E. Sharon, P. Ivy, E. Rubin, G. Rosner, M. Butler. From Famine to Feast: Developing Early Phase Combination Immunotherapy Trials Wisely. Clin Cancer Res Sep 1 2017 (23) (17) 4980-4991; DOI:10.1158/1078-0432. CCR-16-3064
2. L. Khoja*, D. Day*, T. Chen, L. Siu and A. Hansen. Tumor- and class-specific patterns of immune-related adverse events of immune checkpoint inhibitors: a systematic review. Annals of Oncology, 0: 1-9, 2017. DOI:10.1093/annonc/mdx286. Published online 8 August 2017. *co-primary author
3. D. Day, L.L. Siu. Approaches to modernize the combination drug development paradigm. Genome Medicine, 2016 Dec, 8:115. DOI:10.1186/s13073-016-0369-x.
4. D. Day, A.R. Hansen. Immune-related adverse events of immune checkpoint inhibitors. BioDrugs, 2016 Dec;30(6):571-584. DOI: 10.1007/s40259-016-0204-3.
5. D. Day, A.R. Hansen, L.L. Siu. Hypopharyngeal cancer: looking back, moving forward. Current Oncology, 2016 Aug;23(4):221-2. DOI: 10.3747/co.23.3242.
6. D. Day, Y. Kanjanapan, E. Kwan, D. Yip, N. Lawrentschuk, I.D. Davis, A.A. Azad, M. Rosenthal, S. Wong, A. Johnstone, P. Gibbs, B. Tran. Neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio and benefit from cytoreductive nephrectomy in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma. Internal Medicine Journal, 2016 Nov;46(11):1291-1297. DOI: 10.1111/imj.13202.
7. D. Day, P.L. Bedard. Beta-testing of next-generation DNA sequencing for patients with advanced cancers treated at community hospitals. Journal of Oncology Practice 12, no. 4 (April 2016) 279-281. DOI: 10.1200/JOP.2015.010165.
8. J. Ko, B. Bernard, B. Tran, H. Li, T. Asif, I. Stukalin, M. Lee, D. Day, N. Alimohamed, C. Sweeney, P. Bedard, D. Heng. Conditional survival of patients with metastatic testicular germ-cell tumors (MT-GCT) treated with first-line curative therapy. Journal of Clinical Oncology 2016 Jan 19. DOI: 10.1200/JCO.2015.64.7909.
9. D. Day, Y. Kanjanapan, E. Kwan, D. Yip, N. Lawrentschuk, M. Andrews, I.D. Davis, A.A. Azad, M. Rosenthal, S. Wong, A. Johnstone, P. Gibbs, B. Tran. Patterns of Care for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma in Australia. British Journal of Urology International 2015 Oct; 116 Suppl 3:36-41. DOI: 10.1111/bju.13176.