Mr Shekib Shahbaz is an Australian trained urologist. He gained entry at Monash University Medical School with two scholarships and completing his undergraduate medical degree with Honors. He spent the next four years at The Royal Melbourne Hospital for basic surgical training. During this time he taught anatomy at The University of Melbourne and completed a diploma in surgical anatomy.
Mr Shahbaz completed four years of advanced urological training in New South Wales before returning to Monash Health for a fellowship year in 2013. He has ever since been an active and valuable member of the urology department at Monash Health. He has had further training in numerous centres of excellence across Europe, the United States and
Mr Shahbaz is actively involved in teaching, research and ongoing personal professional development. He is the Coordinator of Urology training at Monash Health Casey Campus. His compassionate approach and cultural awareness sees him well liked by patients of all ages and backgrounds.
His main areas of interest are:
- Advanced Robotic and Laparoscopic surgery
– Prostatectomy, Nephrectomy, Partial nephrectomy, Pyeloplasty, Adrenal
- Management of complex urological stone disease
– Medical, Laser, ESWL, PCNL
- Open oncological surgery
– Prostate, kidney, testicular, bladder, ureter
- Management of voiding difficulties and enlarged prostate (BPH)
– Medical, TURP, Laser prostate surgery and Uro-lift
- Erectile Dysfunction and penile prosthesis surgery