Community Support Options – Respite Care
Would you like to experience a range of interesting community activities? Then why not “Give it a go!”
Give it a go!
Give it a go is a group program of activities for a maximum of 8 participants.
It offers high quality activities every week that are appropriate for your age.
Give it a go provides a positive introduction to activity services. The program runs over a period of 12 to 18 months. It acts as a transitional program to encourage participation in other activity services on an ongoing basis.
The aims of the program
Give it a go aims to help clients experience a wide range of activities in the community.
The benefits of this include:
- Building on existing skills
- Boosting self-esteem
- Increasing physical, intellectual, social and emotional wellbeing
- Providing a positive experience of activity services
- Providing respite to carers.
Who can take part?
Give it a go offers programs for:
- People with the early stages of dementia who are younger and physically active
- People who are living at home and have a carer who would benefit from the respite
- People for whom other activities or respite services are not appropriate.
The program runs on Wednesdays from 9 am to 3 pm.
The cost is $5 per day. Occasionally there will are additional costs for special outings or activities.
The activities are run by 2 trained staff who are experienced in working with people with dementia.
Transport is provided.
This organisation was jointly funded by the Commonwealth and Victorian Governments under the HACC program.