For people with Acquired Brain Injury
What are Assisted Community Living Packages?
Assisted Community Living (ACL) Packages are funding packages for adults with an Acquired Brain Injury (ABI).
These packages are designed to work with the other services and supports that you may already use.
The funding is designed to help you be active in the community. These packages encourage:
- Independent living
- A better quality of life.
The funding may be used so that you can take part in:
- Social activities
Who can apply?
You can apply if you:
- Have a diagnosis of Acquired Brain Injury (ABI)
- Are aged between 18 and 64
- Live in one of the local council areas listed below
- Live independently, with family, in an Aged Care Home (Low or High level) or Supported Residential Service
- Have case managers or other service providers who can help you manage the ACL funds.
The packages are available to people in the following areas:
Bayside, Casey, Cardinia, Frankston, Glen Eira, Greater Dandenong, Kingston, Mornington Peninsula, Port Phillip, Stonnington
Who cannot apply?
Some people are not eligible for these packages. You cannot apply if you:
- Receive an Individualised Support Package (Home First, Support and Choice or Futures for Young Adults)
- Have a primary diagnosis of Intellectual Disability
- Are affected by a degenerative neurological disease
- Live in a DHS funded residential facility including Community Residential Unit (CRU) or Community Care Unit CCU)
- Are receiving, or have received, compensation for your injury
- You are not eligible if in receipt of support from the NDIS
How to apply
To apply, you must fill out an application form. Please call us if you would like us to send you a form.
There is a set amount of funding available per person each financial year – 1 July to 30 June. However, you can apply at any time of year.
Is there a cost?
There is no cost to apply for an Assisted Community Living (ACL) Package.
To discuss the program further, please call us on 9792 7716
55 Buckingham Avenue
Springvale VIC 3171