For people with Acquired Brain Injury
What is MHC Brain Injury Services
- MHC Brain Injury Services is a program for adults with a Acquired Brain Injury (ABI)
- The ABI may have resulted from stroke, accident or illness
- We provide assistance to help people with an ABI achieve their goals
- We are not a case management service
- We do not provide funds but we can help you to apply for funding
- Our services are offered over the short to medium term, with a maximum of 18 months
MHC Brain Injury Services Principles
The work we do is based around:
- Working together to increase your quality of life
- Encouraging you to have control over the decisions that affect your life
- Helping you to develop your skills and maintain your independence
- Offering activities that respect your beliefs, values and culture
- Working with you in your home and in the community.
What can we do for you?
MHC Brain Injury Services can help you access the following services in your local area:
- Recreational activities
- Educational programs
- Employment services
- Other community-based services.
We can also help you to develop the skills required for independent daily living. These might include assistance with:
- Domestic duties
- Effective communication
Who can apply?
You can apply if:
- You have a diagnosis of Acquired Brain Injury (ABI)
- You are aged between 18 and 64
- Live in one of the local council areas listed below
- Have mild to moderate support needs
- You are interested in and are willing to talk about your needs for living independently in the community
- Require information about developing your skills.
- the person with an ABI is receiving, or has received, compensation for their injury
- You are not in receipt of supports from the NDIS
The services are available to people in the following areas:
You are not entitled to these services if you are receiving, or have received, compensation for your injury.
All of our support workers have training and experience working with people who have an Acquired Brain Injury.
Is there a cost?
There is no cost to access MHC Brain Injury Services