Work and life balance
Our flexible working conditions help you balance your work and home life. Many of our positions are full time, part time, casual or even night shift work and there is the ability for flexible rostering in many areas. Another example of flexibility is our casual bank, offering a range of roles where you choose your work shifts using an electronic booking system. The casual bank electronic booking system is available to Nurses, Midwives, Theatre Technicians, Ward Clerks, Food Services employees, Switchboard Operators and many more.
Our generous leave provisions help provide work-life balance for you:
- Accrued Days Off (ADO) - Most full time employees can accrue a monthly day off.
- Annual Leave - A comprehensive break is available to you each year. Most positions attract a 4 – 5 week annual leave entitlement.
- Purchased Leave (48/52) - Available for certain positions, employees can choose to reduce their pay and receive up to 4 weeks of additional annual leave.
- Cumulative Personal (Sick) and Carers Leave - Eligible employees are entitled to this leave on occasions of personal illness or for the purpose of caring for immediate family or household members.
- Professional Development leave - Eligible employees can apply for leave to attend conferences, seminars and workshops; undertake research or higher education.
Our many locations across South Eastern Melbourne enable our employees to work close to home, saving driving/ commuting time and expensive car parking fees in the city. There is also easy access via a variety of public transport options for most locations.