What will the hospital pharmacist ask me?
To optimise your medication therapy, a pharmacist may need to ask you some questions. For example:
- Do you have allergies to any medicines or food additives?
- Have you had a bad reaction to any medicines in the past?
- What medicines were you taking before you came into hospital? This includes any eye drops, inhalers, injections, patches, non-prescription medicines, the oral contraceptive pill, vitamins and herbal medicines.
- Do you have a regular pharmacy where you go to buy your medicines?
- Does a pharmacy pack your medicines into a dosette or similar container for you?
- Do you have any of the following cards?
- Medicare card
- healthcare card
- repat card
- safety net card
- pensioner concession card
- Commonwealth Seniors Health card