Occupational Therapy Driver Program
This program provides specialist occupational therapy driving assessments for clients with any physical, psychiatric, Neurological, Cognitive, Congenital, or Age Related impairments disability to determine safety to continue or resume driving with or without modifications.
- Comprehensive off-road assessment utilising the OT-DORA (Occupational Therapy Driver Off Road Assessment Battery)
- On-road as determined by client and off-road assessment results
- Lessons and follow up as necessary
- SWEP- VMSS (State-wide Equipment Program – Vehicle Modification Subsidy Scheme) applications for driver modifications
Total cost $190.00 includes:
- Occupational Therapy Off Road Assessment: $50.00
- Occupational Therapy On Road Assessment: $50.00 plus
- Driver Instructor Fee $90.00* (Cash only - a recipet will be provided on request)
Lessons if required are $90.00 per hour lesson from your home)
*Please note that Driver Instructor costs can vary in some situations.
Occupational Therapy Driving Assessments are available to driver licence holders or applicants (e.g. Learner drivers) who have a longstanding (greater than 3 months) disability or illness which may impact upon safe driving skills. This includes clients of Monash Health and affiliated services within the network.
Refer to the links below for referral information