Monash Health offers a Graduate program which will support you in an educational and clinical environment as you make the exciting transition from student to registered nurse and/or midwife.
Monash Health offers the following Graduate Programs:
- Aboriginal Nursing and Midwifery
- Nursing (Dandenong and Monash Programs)
- Mid Year
- Combined Nursing and Midwifery
- Mental Health
Are you applying for a 2018 Graduate Year at Monash Health?
Applications are closing on Friday 21st July 2017 for all 2018 Monash Health Graduate Nurse/Midwife Programs.
Please see below some last minute FAQs to assist in submitting applications via the Monash Health e-recruit system.
I am still waiting for my transcript with results from Semester 1, 2017. Can I submit it after applications close?
Yes. You must submit your application prior to the closing date and can do so without a transcript. Once you receive your up to date transcript you can e-mail this to us at email@example.com.
Do I have to submit a cover letter?
No, we do not require you to submit a cover letter as part of your application for 2018 Graduate Nurse/Midwife Programs at Monash Health. As part of your application you only need to submit the following:
1. A CV using the Monash Health Graduate Program CV template
2. Your 2 most recent clinical appraisals (certified)
3. A complete Monash Health Fit2Work form and the necessary 100 points of certified identification
4. A certified copy of your academic transcript
My transcript/appraisals are online and are automatically certified by the university system. Is it ok for me to submit these as part of my application?
Yes. We accept transcripts and appraisals that have been digitally certified by the education provider. You do not need to get these re-certified.
I am having trouble uploading all of my documents into the system. What should I do?
Ideally, you should collate your clinical appraisals and transcript all into one file and upload this under ‘Other Documents’. If you still need more space for files you can upload any document under the ‘Photo’ field. If you are still having difficulty uploading all of your documents in the provided fields, you can submit your application and then e-mail the outstanding documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I have clicked the icon to send reference forms out but the system now shows that my references are ‘Incomplete’. Can I still submit my application?
Yes. Do not delay submitting your application to wait for references to complete. Your referees will still be able to complete the online reference form and return this after the application closing date.
If you having any further questions about applications please don’t hesitate to contact our Graduate Team on 9594 7732 or via email@example.com
Best of luck with your Graduate applications!
About our Graduate Programs
Please refer to our online, printer-friendly brochure:
Have questions about our programs? Click here to view our Frequently Asked Questions!
Information for International Students
If you are ineligible for PMCV Computer Match but are still interested in our Graduate Programs please complete our form at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PJ2H7F8
Come and visit the Monash Health sites!
www.trybooking.com/book/event?eid=279184. Please click on the link to secure a site tour!
Applications for 2018 Graduate Nurse Program positions (including mid-year) are now open! Applications will close Friday 21 July 2017.
How to apply
- Familiarise yourself with the 2018 Application Guidelines.
- All applicants must register with PMCV Computer Matching service. For more information visit http://www.pmcv.com.au/. Please note that you will need to provide your PMCV Candidate ID number as part of your application.
- Create an account in the Monash Health eRecruit system at https://southernhealth.mercury.com.au. When the job advertisement opens you will need to have an account in order to submit your application.
As part of the application process via the Monash Health eRecruit system, you will be asked to submit the following documents:
- Monash Health Graduate Program Curriculum Vitae (CV) Template. In the 'Clinical Referee' section of the template you will be asked to provide details of two (2) clinical references (third year if possible) who can describe your nursing/midwifery practice. A copy of this template will be available attached to the job advertisement.
- A certified copy of your most recent academic transcript including the grading key page.
- Certified copies of your two (2) most recent clinical appraisals.
- A completed copy of the Monash Health Fit2Work form with 100 points of certfied identification (Please note that we cannot accept existing Fit2Works or Police Checks. The Monash Health Fit2Work will be completed at no cost to you)
Please note that we do not require a cover letter. When you submit your application you will be asked to respond to several questions regarding:
- Why you would like to be a part of the Monash Health Graduate Program
- The qualities you would bring to the role
- Your learning goals for the graduate year
Benefits of being a Monash Health Graduate
Monash Health offers Graduates a range of employee benefits including but not limited to:
- 5 weeks annual leave (EFT dependant), spread between two rotations
- Salary packaging
- Free, confidential counselling services
For more information about these and other benifits offered to Monash Health employees please visit the Employee Benefits page at http://www.monashhealth.org/page/Employee_benefits
Important information and Useful Links