**please note this page is under construction and is subject to frequent changes**
Welcome to the Monash Health Gender Clinic
The Gender Clinic is a state-wide service that accepts referrals for individuals who are aged 17 and above and reside in the state of Victoria. We provide individualised, client centred care for trans, gender diverse and non-binary people with the aim of improving their health and well-being. We welcome sister-girls and brother-boys from our indigenous communities.
The Monash Health Gender Clinic aims to assist the trans, gender diverse and non-binary community through:
- Conducting specialist mental health assessments relevant to gender dysphoria in accordance with international guidelines (World Professional Association for Transgender Health Standards of Care v7).
- Referring where appropriate to experienced private or public clinicians who are able to assist with hormone therapy, surgery, psychotherapy or voice therapy.
- Providing ongoing mental health support related to an individual’s gender transition.
- Conducting multidisciplinary meetings to co-ordinate care for clients.
Please be advised that Gender Clinic is not an emergency response service for acute mental health conditions. Should urgent action be required, please contact your local Psychiatric Triage Service. If in the Monash Health area, call 1300 369 012.
The Gender Clinic currently has a wait list system but if you prefer a quicker response you may wish to be seen privately. For a list of private providers go to the following page: http://www.anzpath.org/about/service-providers/victoria/ or alternatively you can click on this link List of Private Providers. You can remain on the Gender Clinic waiting list whilst seeing private providers.
The First Step
Access to specialist assessments is available publicly or privately. If you are interested in attending the Monash Health Gender Clinic (at no cost to you, but with a longer waitlist) please provide the following:
- a referral from a medical doctor (preferably your GP)
- complete the General Information Form found at the end of the Information Pack
Our preferred method is via email to the Gender Clinic. Alternatively you can send by post:
352 South Road
Hampton East Victoria 3188
Phone: (03) 9556 5216
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the clinic between Monday and Friday 9am to 5pm.
For general information on referral processes, services and educational resources, click here: Information for health care professionals
When referring to the clinic, please include the information here: Referral information required
We provide secondary consultations for health practitioners working with trans, gender diverse and non-binary clients. For information click here: Secondary consultation
For information on working with non-binary clients, click here: Inclusive Practice with Non-Binary Clients