(AH) Speech pathology - paediatrics
Providing assessment and treatment for pre-school children (0 years to school entry) who may have difficulty with:
- Language development - both the understanding of what is said as well as being able to put words into sentences
- Speech (saying the correct sounds)
- Voice (eg: hoarse voice)
- Social Interaction
Eligibility and Waiting Periods
Eligibility for the service and expected times will be advised at initial contact with the information and appointment service.
- Bulk Billed Medical (Medicare Card)
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background
- Information & Appointment Service
- Young People (12-18 years)
- Children 0-2 Years whose parents are on Health Care Card / Pension Card or Low Income
- Financial counselling
- People with Temporary Protection Visas or who are Refugees
- Asylum Seekers Clinic is free – available only at Greater Dandenong Community Health Service.
In certain circumstances, fees may be waived, for example for people experiencing financial hardship. Please contact us if you have any queries about fees and how they may apply to you.
- Community Health Services receive funding from Commonwealth and State Governments
- Both levels of Government have a policy of “user pays”
- Money raised from fees is put back into health services so that more people can benefit
- Fees are much lower than the actual cost of the services