Podiatry services - community
Podiatrists are qualified health professionals specialising in the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of disorders, medical and surgical conditions of the feet and lower limbs.
Management areas include:
- musculoskeletal disorders
- diabetes assessment and management
- provision of orthoses and minor nail surgery
- foot care and advice.
Clients must live/work/study or be a child attending school, pre-school or child-care in:
Our information and appointment service will advise on acceptance into the program.
Referrals can be made through our information and appointment service:
- T: 1300 3 iCARE (1300 342 273)
- Bayside/Kingston (Home Based Allied Health)
Why may fees be charged:
- Community Health Services receive funding from Commonwealth and State Governments.
- Both levels of Government have a policy of “user pays”
- Money raised from fees is put back into health services so that more people can benefit
- Fees are much lower than the actual cost of the services.